Play It Forward Prefunk
Play It Forward is just around the corner! Come celebrate its success in 2023 at this Play It Forward Pre-Funk party and learn what crazy fun we have in store for you on April 27, 2024.
- Premium wines from Ambassador and Damsel Cellars
- Heavy appetizers by 12 Baskets Catering
- Live Music from Dean Backholm and special guests
- Raffle prizes including wines, a $500 value gift basket to Pelage Medi Spa, tickets to Play It Forward, and an overnight at the State Hotel
- A review of grants awarded in 2023 by Bob Tomberg, Executive Director, MANW
- An overview of the state of music education in Washington state by Scott Ketron, Executive Director, Washington Music Educators Association
- Free Parking
- More info and tickets here!
Play It Forward 12
Join us for Music Aid Northwest’s biggest fundraiser of the year! We will celebrate the joy of music with a concert highlighting student performers from our local high schools as well as a closing band with nationally renowned artists, Supernova. You’ll enjoy a fabulous, hosted cocktail party followed by a delicious culinary meal inspired from Southeast Asia by Wild Ginger before settling in to enjoy a fun and “rockous” night! 100% of the net proceeds fund music education in our Washington state public schools.
Support Music Education in Washington
Music Aid Northwest (MANW) is a nonprofit organization that funds the needs of music classrooms across Washington state. From French horns to marimbas, from ukuleles to xylophones, MANW has distributed over 1.5 million dollars to hundreds of underfunded music classrooms to cover these and other needs as requested by the music teachers themselves.
Music Matters License Plates
Through a partnership with the Washington State Department of Transporation (WSDOT), these specialty Washington state license plates are available for use on all motor vehicles, with proceeds benefitting public music education through MANW.
Last year, with funds raised from our events, MANW raised over $400K and fulfilled grants for 70 Washington state schools. Examples include:
- Adams Elementary (Wapato, WA.): mic stands and choir risers
- Tenino High School (Tenino, WA.): baritone saxophone
- Cle Elm Roslyn High School (Cle Elm, WA): jazz and choral sheet music